Fried cake for breakfast? Sign me up.
These honey lemon pancakes should definitely be your next weekend project. Make a whole batch of them and reheat them throughout the week. I love pancakes for any meal of the day, forgot my lunch? I have pancakes! Don’t feel like making dinner? PANCAKES! Isn’t everyone just a little more excited when they get to have breakfast for dinner? Please say it’s not just me.
I swear, pancakes are my go-to meal. They are so easy to throw together! I also guess this summer I’m getting a little obsessed with lemons. I used to kind of stray away from citrusy flavors, but lately I’m into how fresh it tastes. I feel so grown up when I start liking things I used to not really like. Or the other way around. I used to be really in love with all things mint, but I had a mint iced coffee over the winter and I was not impressed. I tried some other minty things and I guess I just don’t really like it anymore.
Sorry, mint, but I’m moving on to all things lemon and peanut butter and coconut.
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir together with a spatula just until combined.
- Spray a small or medium skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium low heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, measuring out the pancake batter and pour into the heated skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bubbles appear on the sides. Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with a pat of butter and lots of maple syrup!